Sunday 8 May 2016

Olivia Research


So for this assignment, I have to study a character called Olivia. She is a shy, depressed girl in her twenties, abused by her partner. Because of this, I have decided to make the theme of the story very gloomy and sad. She transforms when she steps out of a keyhole. This, I think, (Although I am not sure) signifies her death. Her escaping the hardships of life and becoming a more confident person because after all when you die you don't have any more worries. The keyhole man nags her along her journey telling her to come with him and escape her relationship. The story is in black and white leading up to her transformation when she then turns to colour. I want her to hesitate as she gets out of the door but then turns back and realises that she's doing what's best for her. I have not yet decided what type of transformation she will undergo. Obviously, she will have to have a fast transformation due to the time limit of the animation (4-6 seconds). I looked at a lot of animation environments, most of then seemed to fit what I had envisioned for her house. As the original creator of Olivia had already looked up the house setting I already had a clear idea of what kind of room I was dealing with. I had to study the character to see the way she would walk and act.

No comments:

Post a Comment