Thursday 13 October 2016

Rigging & Hair troubles

So I had to rig my character, Dottie, Rigging wasn't as hard as I thought it would have been. It's basically building a skeleton for your character, for it to be able to move. I had missed quite a few lessons of this so I had to catch up using the videos provided by my lecturer. At first, I was scared that when I would mirror my joints it wouldn't be the same on both sides. I had a few problems with the rigging process mostly coming from my finished textured model. I had rotated the arms so she wouldn't look so stiff but when it came to rigging I had to change the original rig entirely. Now one big issue I had with the rigging was with the Xgen Hair. I LOVED the process of making hair SO much and even though it was so so hard and complicated I'm so glad I gave it a shot. During the break that we had, I re-did the hair about seven times. I needed to get it right and then I got a hang of it and now at least I can say I know how to work with the basics of XGen hair and nHair. I did get it the way I wanted with an nConstraint on the hair for the hair tie. I needed to do a whole other process to make the hair move with the character. If my model was going to be immobile then the hair would have been alright. And although I'm sure it would have been so much better with the xGen Hair I had to give up (as much as I hated to) because I just didn't have time to keep up with the class and try this new method out. Also, It was making opening and closing my file 100x slower because of all the hair follicles. So, in the end, i decided to go with my original hair solid :( (It was so much easier)


(See how in the earlier poses her hands are lowered)

No comments:

Post a Comment