Thursday 3 November 2016

Walk Cycles - Dottie

I've tried making a couple, to see what would feel better for her. I tried a normal walk, A skippy/fast walk, a skip and an angry walk cycle. One of the harder things to get right when doing my walks was probably the timing and getting the skirt to do what I wanted to do. I think I will be maybe going with the skippy walk. The angry walk was just my walk with different expressions and her fists are clenched. 


A little bit of recap on who Dottie is. She's a little girl that lives in the posh suburbs if London with her nanny/maid because her parents are always at work and business trips etc. To her, it doesn't really bother that much that she doesn't see her parents because she's so young and doesn't know any different. She loves to occupy herself by playing pranks on her nanny and even her dog, Dot. She is usually very cheerful and cheeky.  I was thinking that she could either be happy because she's having fun or maybe angry because she didn't get what she wanted, maybe it was the giant unicorn soft toy at the toy shop.
She could also be crying because she fell, you know she's just a little kid. But then she wouldn't really be walking, I'd imagine her lying on the floor crying if that happened. 

So I went with her skipping along, she could be going to eat because her nanny just called her for dinner or shes at the park and walking her dog. 

The first is the normal walk cycle.


This one is the angry walk. (uh-oh the dog ate her candy)


This one is a chirpy walk


This one is the skip/walk


(I still need to finish animating the hands)

No comments:

Post a Comment